As a massage therapist and small business owner I feel the stress of others and have my own stresses that mountain up. There has been many time's I didn't notice when I was in need of a rescue so I thought this blog could help us see those warning signs so we can act quicker before our health is affected.
What signs to look for in your mind, body, and spirit that call for a Helpful solution!
Mind Rescue Signs
A particular event that happened at work is circulating in your mind over and over and it won't go away, the first evening is okay but if you can't shake it by the next evening this is a warning sign.
1. Go for a brisk walk and keep your mind on the scenery, every little house and the landscape, if at night focus on the lights and sounds.(bring light weights or water bottles to pump your arms and distract you)
2. Allow yourself 10 minutes to discuss issue with a loved one. Ask them if you could have their attention for only 10 min Tip: Tell them up front if you need to vent (listen only) or would like feedback(listen and comment) Don't bring it up again that evening.
Service Recommendation: Lomi-Lomi Massage intentions are to help the mind move forward and let the past go.
Body Rescue Signs
Pain is Increasing: certain areas that have ached in the past few days are increasing in pain with no sign of relief.
Helpful solution: Take a hot epsom salt bath and focus on your breath, no bath tub, call Cafe Mokka 707 822-2228 or your local gym and do a jacuzzi or sauna.(epsom salts can be found at CVS)
Service Recommendation: Therapeutic full body with abdominal massage and Reflexology
Spirit Rescue Signs
Feeling Overwhelmed, low energy, arguing with your loved ones, edgy, sensitive for more than 1 day.
Helpful Solution: Schedule "me time" what ever you can do in your schedule but make it as long as possible, this is critical. Decide on what you need for a recharge and do it. (My personal "me time" is to go to the Arcata Community Pool and swim, then take myself out to lunch. I choose to do it alone so I can be with myself and not entertaining or scheduling with someone else.)
Service Recommendation: Request a custom massage with nice music (slow instrumental), a blend of Reiki and Cranial Sacral (calming and refreshing your energy) your desired massage pressure and focus.
I hope this blog helps you live a happier healthier life day to day,
Nicole Vincent, owner of Humboldt Mobile Massage
Tuesday, November 13, 2012
Thursday, August 9, 2012
Humboldt Mobile Massage brings the experience to you. We arrive at your door to provide a massage in your home and we bring all the necessary equipment. An area near outlets is good for us to plug in our music and table heater.
Finish what you are doing up until it's time to get on the table. We set the ambiance with relaxing music, soothing oil, and a comfortable massage table.
We can set up in any area of your home.
- We need a space of about 6' x 9' for a table
- We can travel up stairs
- A credit card is required to reserve your appointment. We are unable to fill your spot as easy as a spa due to drive time and contracting your therapist so full value is charged for same-day cancellation and a 25.00 charge if you cancel the day before your appointment. Please make sure this is okay for you.
- We accept Cash, Checks, Visa, Master Card, Discovery, and American Ex
- Try a massage outside on a deck, patio, or yard if it's a nice day.
- Take a wonderful bubble bath before or after your massage to increase the relaxation and pamper yourself even more, you deserve it!
How to Make an Appointment as a New Client
Call us at 707 832 2929
Your therapist will arrive on time for your appointment in their uniform with their table, linens, music, and oil. You can show them where you would like your massage.
Upon arrival your therapist will present you with a form to fill out while they take a few minutes to set up.
When all is set your therapist will go through your Health History Form with you and verbally confirm the treatment plan. They will leave the room while you disrobe to the level of your comfort and get on to the table as instructed.
During your TreatmentBe sure to let your therapists know if you feel any discomfort for any reason during the massage. We love your feedback because it helps us make your massage customized to what is best for you.
After Your Treatment
Your therapist will let you know when the treatment has ended and will give you a few minutes to rest before you get off the table. It is wise to drink plenty of water to assist in eliminating the toxins mobilized during the massage. Your therapist will take a few minutes to pack up and take your payment before leaving.
Much like in a restaurant, an appropriate gratuity is generally between 10-20%
You can tip in cash, include it in the check, or add it to your credit card.